I have wanted to help people for as long as I can remember. While my education has helped me reach my personal goals, my life experiences and what I have learned from my clients has also been integral to this process. My goal is to empower my clients and assist them in building skills, not only to help them through difficult times, but to make changes that will last a lifetime.
- Grief and Loss (e.g. Coping With the Impending Death and/or Loss of a Loved One)
- Life Transitions (Parenthood, Empty Nest, Retirement, Work Stress and Career Concerns, Health Concerns, Pet Loss)
- Panic Disorders
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse
- Women’s Issues
- Work-Related Issues
I believe that learning is a lifelong process that takes place both in and out of the classroom.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor: Illinois
- National Certified Counselor
- M.A. Counseling: Roosevelt University, Chicago
- B.G.S. Psychology: Roosevelt University, Chicago
I have over 20 years of experience in a variety of settings, including inpatient, partial hospitalization, and community mental health which have allowed me to work with clients in a wide variety of situations. I work together with the client in the process of exploring both past and present life experiences in order to assist them with making changes to enrich their lives. I help each client use their strengths to bring about solutions to the distressing issues in their lives. I find that empathy and active listening skills are integral to this process, and that a touch of humor can also be very helpful in bringing about a positive outcome.
- Kenneth Young Center: Therapist/Medical Case Manager
- Forest Health Systems: Psychiatric Technician
I attend classes and seminars regularly so that I can learn new and effective treatments to utilize with my clients.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Addiction Substance Abuse and Technology
- LGBT Issues
- Community Spirit Award: Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Township Recognition Award
- DuPage County P.A.D.S. Dedication Award
- Franklin Honor Society: Roosevelt University
- Values Award: Kenneth Young Center