I try to build a connection with people that helps develop understanding, support, and solutions.
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Relationship Issues
- Job Stress
- Substance Abuse
Professional and Educational Background
My education is a life-long process beginning in school with theory and knowledge learned from the experts in our field and refined by annual continuing education and practical experience with my clients.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist: Illinois
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor: Illinois Alcohol & Drug Abuse Professional Association
- Ph.D.: Loyola University of Chicago
I strive to give clients the combination of both caring and competence.
Dr. Neary has shared his knowledge and experience in his dynamic and engaging manner on television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and at conferences both for professionals and the public. Topics have included:
- Stress Management
- Elements of a Healthy Relationship
- Measuring Psychotherapy Effectiveness
- Client Satisfaction
- Dealing With Change
Dr. Neary has held teaching positions at the Chicago Medical School, the University of California at Riverside, Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, and Loyola University
- Chief Psychologist: Woodland Hospital, 1998 and St. Anne’s Hospital, 1987-1988
- Site Director: Horizons Behavioral Health, 2001-2003
- Consultant: Leadership Development Program for Joliet Catholic Diocese, 2002
- Author: “A Workbook for Overcoming Rejection and Loss of Love,” 1998
- Psychologist on Staff: Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital, 1999-Present
- Member of the American Psychological Association