I believe in a collaborative and empathetic approach which allows me to develop a relationship with my clients that utilizes the latest and most effective therapeutic approaches to promote personal insights and lasting change.
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues in Children
- Relationships (Family/Adolescents)
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
My approach to therapy utilizes my knowledge and understanding of the therapeutic process in order to help facilitate personal growth. Throughout my academic and professional career I have continued to focus on the art and science of therapy as it relates to helping my clients make meaningful and long lasting change.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor: Illinois
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor: Illinois Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Assoc.
- Ms.Ed. Counseling: Northern Illinois University
- B.A. Psychology: Northern Illinois University
I have had unique opportunities to work with a wide range of clients in a variety of settings from outpatient to intensive outpatient programs, to inpatient treatment facilities, to emergency rooms. These experiences have broadened my professional knowledge and have enabled me to better serve my clients.
- Manager of Behavioral Health: Northwestern Medicine
- Emergency Room Psychiatric Therapist: Sherman Hospital
- Inpatient Primary Therapist: Rosecrance in Rockford
- Intensive Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Therapist: Rosecrance in McHenry
- Batterer’s Intervention Program Group Facilitator: Community Crisis
- DUI and Substance Abuse IOP Counselor: Stonybrook Center
Continuing Education is Essential for Growth
In order to better serve my clients I continue to seek out educational opportunities in my field, consistently improving my skills and abilities and always refining my craft.
- Advanced Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Bulimia
- Choice Theory and Reality Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- DIU Service Provider
- Domestic Violence
- Partner Abuse Intervention
- PTSD and Multiple Channel Exposure Therapy
- Sexual Assault
Professional Memberships and Associations
The thought that what I do helps people live better lives is a strong motivating force behind why I am a counselor. But to be able to pass my knowledge on to others so that they, too, can make a difference is extremely rewarding.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois
- Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor, IODAPCA
- Member American Counselor Association