I strive to work with clients in an empathetic, compassionate, and educated way, to empower them to identify, address, and move beyond the challenges which keep them from living life abundantly. I believe in building a trusting relationship to provide a safe and caring environment that will allow my clients to explore life’s difficulties.
- Anxiety/Panic Disorders
- Childhood Issues (ADHD, Oppositional Disorders, School Issues)
- Communication (Assertiveness Skills, Social Skills)
- Coping and Stress Management Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Relationships (Couples, Parent-Child, Families)
- Transitions of Life Issues
- Women’s Issues
I started my career as an elementary education teacher, and then went on to pursue a degree in clinical psychology to become a therapist. Combining the teaching skills and therapy skills has greatly enhanced my professional knowledge and effectiveness as a therapist. I continue to learn and enhance my knowledge of effective treatments to assist my client’s on their journey.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor: Illinois
- M.A. Clinical Psychology: Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- B.A. Elementary Education: Western Illinois University
I have twelve years of experience providing therapy with adults, children, adolescents, and families. This experience provided me the opportunity to work with adults struggling with a variety of issues, as well as children and adolescents navigating school and family issues. I also hold teaching positions at Columbia College Chicago and Triton College.
- Site Supervisor/Therapist: United Stand Family Counseling Center
- Adjunct Faculty: Columbia College Chicago
- Adjunct Faculty: Triton College
Professional Memberships and Associations
I am a lifelong learner! I continue to learn new and effective ways to better assist my clients.
- Play Therapy
- Addictions Counseling
- Parenting Skills
- Mindfulness Training
- Member: American Counseling Association